The tech intern exudes teamwork as a key member of the technical team. This person assists with load-in and strike, as well as supporting the audio and lighting team during the performance. This internship will provide you with exposure to all facets of technical theater management and can be personalized to meet your areas of interest (i.e. lighting, sound or stage management).
- Unload/load touring trucks, set up event sets and equipment in preparation for performances; strike after each event
- Assist the lighting director with lighting set up and maintenance (i.e. change gels prior to performance)
- Operate spotlights as needed
- Assist audio director with soundcheck
- Manage sound monitors during performance as needed
- Operate curtains as needed
- Assist with set-up of theater spaces as indicated in hospitality riders and day of show planning documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18+
- High school or college student with interest in technical theater or stage management
- Familiarity of lighting/audio equipment is preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on new tasks as needed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to details
- Availability to work nights and weekends
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject being the internship title. This internship is unpaid but may be used for college credit.