POSITION DESCRIPTION: AUDIO TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Production Coordinator
HOURS: Part-time hourly exempt, casual/as needed; Limited summer hours
About the Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
The Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts is a nonprofit 501(C)3 performing arts venue in Downtown Sheboygan, WI. With 1,150 seats, the venue hosts a series of live performances including live music, comedy, variety acts and more that entertain, excite and inspire people of all ages. Over the years, performers have ranged from Abbot and Costello, Duke Ellington and the Marx Brothers, to Alan Parsons, the Avett Brothers, Melissa Ethridge and more. The venue was originally built in 1928 and has been restored to its original Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style and “atmospheric” theater, popular in the 1920s. The theater is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Preserve this historic landmark theater in order to provide & sustain a majestic performing arts venue for the community and to serve the people of Sheboygan County and surrounding communities with the opportunity to enjoy cultural, educational, civic, and corporate events that will entertain and inspire.
The Weill Center has the opportunity to join its team as a part-time Audio/Stage Technician . The Audio/Stage Technician works under the direction and supervision of the Production Coordinator to ensure all performances and events meet the high-quality production standards its patrons and artists expect. This role exudes teamwork as a key member of the tech team and assists with event tech needs from set-up to strike.
Duties and responsibilities
· Serve as the lead assistant to audio director/production coordinator
· Assume the role of audio engineer in his/her absence as assigned
· Assist with sound checks, run Monitor and FOH console as needed
· Coordinate stage and audio cues with in-house and touring technical staff
· Resolve technical issues when they arise
· Unload/reload touring trucks, set up event sets and equipment in preparation for performances; strike after each event
· Responsible for the maintenance of WC technical equipment in coordination with other members of the tech team; Check equipment functionality, repair and troubleshooting of equipment
· Secure the pianos and maintain proper humidity conditions (plug in and maintain humidifier)
· Other duties as assigned
· Set up/take down orchestra shell as needed
· Set up the stage for all Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra events with direction from SSO
· Operate flys as needed
· Prepare rehearsal spaces, dressing room, green room and lobby space as indicated in riders and event plans prior to each event
· Ensure the cleanliness of the stage and loading dock area and other technical storage areas
· Identify, monitor, and implement appropriate risk management (safety and security) practices for programs, services and activities on the stage
· Regularly update the marquee to promote upcoming events
Weill Center Employee Expectations
· Project a positive, professional and polished image of the Weill Center at all times
· Submit detailed timesheets after each event
· Participate in all staff meetings as requested
· Actively communicate with Weill staff
· Wear Weill Center approved attire for each performance
Skills and Qualifications
· Fundamental experience with audio equipment (mics, monitors, digital and analog consoles.)
· Technical expertise in audio engineering at a professional level
· One or more years of experience in professional live event production
· Experience mixing with Midas M32 console or similar digital consoles
· Demonstrated experience mixing live sound for bands, orchestras, theater productions, speakers, etc.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
· Exceptional problem-solving and time management skills
· Keen attention to details
· Willing/able to work several nights and weekends and non-standard shifts
· Willing/able to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Related college-level course work, degrees, certifications a plus
· Hourly compensation commensurable with experience
· Complimentary parking
· Complimentary tickets for family and friends to select shows
· Technical training may be provided
To apply: Please email your interest and experience to Tracey Cook, Production Coordinator at email@example.com prior to Friday, July 16, 2021 at 5 p.m.