REPORTS TO: Events and Communications Coordinator
HOURS: 10+ hours per week, some nights and weekends
About the Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
The Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts is a nonprofit 501(C)3 performing arts venue in Downtown Sheboygan, WI. With 1,150 seats, the venue hosts a series of live performances including live music, comedy, variety acts and more that entertain, excite and inspire people of all ages. Over the years, performers have ranged from Abbot and Costello, Duke Ellington and the Marx Brothers, to Al Parsons, the Avett Brothers, Melissa Ethridge and more. The venue was originally built in 1928 and has been restored to its original Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style and “atmospheric” theater, popular in the 1920s. The theater is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Preserve this historic landmark theater in order to provide & sustain a majestic performing arts venue for the community and to serve the people of Sheboygan County and surrounding communities with the opportunity to enjoy cultural, educational, civic, and corporate events that will entertain and inspire.
The Weill Center, a historic entertainment venue and non-profit organization in Downtown Sheboygan, has the opportunity to expand its team with two part-time Marketing Interns. This is a summer internship. The Marketing Intern is creative, takes initiative and is enthusiastic about live events and performing arts. This person is a champion for the Weill Center in the community and an active member of the team onsite at events. This internship will provide you with exposure to all facets of marketing, including areas such as community engagement, brand management and executing events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as a Brand Ambassador by distributing promotional materials throughout the community
- Publish event information to community calendars, and track as needed
- The Sheboygan Press, Travel Wisconsin, Visit Sheboygan, etc.
- Create and publish content across platforms
- Digital display boards, Hootsuite, social media, MailChimp (eblasts)
- Update organization’s website as needed
- Assist with membership and sponsor benefit fulfillment
- Assist with maintenance of donor database
- Fulfill artist hospitality requirements as needed
- Represent Weill Center at performances as season permits
- Participate in community and outreach events
- Other duties as assigned
- High school student with interest in business or marketing; College student pursuing an undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field
- Experience and/or interest in the entertainment industry, non-profit organization and community development
- Familiarity with Sheboygan County
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on new tasks as needed
- Must be able to work with and around many interruptions
- This internship may be used towards college credit
This is a summer internship from May – August with potential to extend. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Marketing Intern” to email@example.com.