WEILL CENTER ANNOUNCES FALL PERFORMANCES
Fall lineup includes jazz, country, comedy, dueling pianos, a family series, folk rock, and more
SHEBOYGAN, WI (June 7, 2022) – The Weill Center for the Performing Arts, a 1,150-seat live event venue located in the heart of Downtown Sheboygan’s growing arts and entertainment district today announced some of its fall lineup. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Thursday, June 9 at 12 p.m., with the opportunity for members to benefit from a presale beginning Tuesday, June 7 at 12 p.m.
“This season we committed to expand and diversify our programming even more,” said Katy Glodosky, executive director of the Weill Center. “We’re proud to present a variety of memorable live entertainment experiences for our community members and visitors to enjoy, and we look forward to announcing many more shows throughout the season.”
Performances announced today include:
• JAZZ – Paul Spencer Jazz Band – High impact jazz, combining Latin, be-bop, blues, hard-bop, and traditional dixie. Spencer’s musical career spans six decades and includes opening for performers like Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis, playing drums for Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons (1963), and entertaining the American Troops in Vietnam.
• DUELING PIANOS – Deuces Wild! Dueling Pianos - Two entertainers taking audience requests from all decades and genres to create an immersive performance on two pianos with plenty of laughs.
• COUNTRY - Ward Davis – Emerging country singer/songwriter with songs recorded by Trace Adkins, Willie Nelson, and more. Most recently co-wrote “I’m Not The Devil” with Cody Jinks. Featuring local opening act Sister Winchester.
• FAMILY SERIES
o Grace for President – a theatrical performance based on book series, best for ages 5-10.
o Llama Llama Live – a theatrical performance based on book series and Netflix special, best for ages 3-6.
o Buckets N Boards – Percussion comedy duo who regularly perform on the Disney Cruise Line, best for ages 4-12.
• COMEDY – Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale? Starring Kelly Swanson – Perfect girls’ night out during hunters’ widows’ weekend featuring Kelly Swanson, award-winning storyteller, comedian, motivational speaker, author, Huffington Post and cast member of The Fashion Hero on Amazon Prime.
• BALLET – Sleeping Beauty - Presented by the State Ballet Theatre of Ukraine (already announced) – The classic story of Princess Aurora comes to life with Tchaikovsky’s music.
• FOLK ROCK – So Dang Thankful: An Evening with Rucksack Revolution & Friends – a new collaboration between Wisconsin’s singer-songwriters Adam Greuel of the high-energy string band Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and Sarah Vos of folk-inspired Dead Horses, featuring cameos from their friends on Thanksgiving weekend.
The calendar of events is now available at weillcenter.com. Additional performances will be announced throughout the season including tribute bands, holiday shows, movies, spring shows and other big-name acts. Event sponsorship packages are now available. The Weill Center is also available for private rentals and special events.
Weill Center members benefit from a ticket presale on Tuesday, June 7 at 12 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at weillcenter.com, by phone at (920) 208-3243 or in person at 826 N 8th St., Sheboygan. The Ticket Office is open Tuesday to Friday, 12 to 5 p.m. and one hour prior to each performance.
About the Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
The Weill Center for the Performing Arts is a 1,150-seat live event venue in Downtown Sheboygan, WI. The Weill Center presents a series of live performances including music, comedy, variety acts, movies and more. In 2001 the theater was restored to its original Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style and atmospheric theater, as built in 1928. The theater is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more information and a full schedule of events, visit weillcenter.com.